Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Starting September Off Right!

Some recent delights in my CrossFitting adventure:

max rep dead hang pull ups- 6
max reps kipping handstand push ups- 6
max squat snatch- 115 (lifetime PR)
3x power clean and push jerk- 135

AMRAP 6 min
10 thruster (65#)
10 pull ups

4 rounds + 2 thrusters

3x with about 3 min rest
5 weighted pull ups (round 1-10# vest, round 2&3- vest + 12# DB)
5 DL (225#)
15 sand bag slams (25#)
round 1- 1:04, round 2- 1:09, round 3- 1:09 


I also got in a 2.5 mile run in 19:13, averaging a 7:53 minute mile- as the 3rd leg of a relay.  Not my best ever, but I'm pretty sure it's the farthest I have run without run/walking post-op. My team was incredible with THE Lindsey SmithTHE Carey Kepler, and THE Jessica Estrada pulling more than their weight to take 5th in the Women's Open division. Not bad for a bunch of CrossFitters at the Zilker Relays!

A little nervous before the LONG distance RACE!
My team- Lindsey, Carey, me, Jess.

The CrossFit Central Crew at the Relays.

Managed not to completely freeze for about 25 minutes of swimming eeeearly Saturday morning at Barton Springs. The water is like 68 degrees and there is all sorts of wildlife in the pool, but I managed to keep warm and only got blue fingernails after I got out...

We do heaps of toe push ups, jumping/negative ring dips, kipping pull ups, and pistols practice. I feel like I'm working on my weaknesses and getting in a lot of necessary reps. Although I haven't touched a rower or a jump rope since I've been in Texas...

I actually had to hit the books this weekend as school is fully in session, despite only having 50% of my classes this week due to Labor Day.  The long weekend was really fun, thanks to development of my social life through Megan and Aaron. My football teams went 1 for 2, got to see Showout and Chardonnay (my training partner) in action when Meg and I joined the Central crew on 6th St. And I watched the Austin Tri from the water station at one of the turnarounds before finally officially welcoming Chelsea and Trey into their new home. Fantastic!

3 comments:

  1. It was a lot of fun hangin out with you this weekend. Half-time ritas are a new staple. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. great job on your squat snatch PR, Ingrid!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to c u tearin it up!!! Hope ur well!!

    ReplyDelete