Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Never Gonna Stop - CFES Style



This was shot at CrossFit East Sac, my favorite gym in Nor Cal, over Christmas break. I nailed 135 on the first attempt after some great coaching from Co-Owner Justin Riley.

Training at CFES over the holidays was an excellent change of environment and exposure to different programming and workout styles. CrossFit East Sac was the place of my very first WOD in November of 2008 (if I remember correctly- it was some double under, box jump, db 1/2burpee atrocity.) Ever since then they have not only welcomed me into their box every time I'm in Sacramento, they sent tons of love during my heart surgery, and at competition time.

I say "they" like I don't know these people. I went to middle school with their pride and joy "Hot Josh." I am a St. Francis Alum along with the recently graduated Sarah Cheever and fellow redhead spirit addict Anne Harty. I played water polo with half of Brian Nabeta's Arden Hills swim team. Their gym blog is one of 5 CrossFit blogs on my navigation bar next to CrossFit.com, games.crossfit.com, CrossFitLA.com, and CrossFitCentral.com. This group truly rounds out the "family" atmosphere when I am in Sacramento to visit my parents. CFES is part of my CrossFit Family and I recommend their box as a must see in Nor Cal.

Thanks again to CFES for the hospitality. All of you are welcome to come visit Austin, TX, and I'll take care of you- I promise it's not "real" Texas!

No comments:

Post a Comment